AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CC3B is currently flanked by Model 9s. I'm in a dedicated rectangular room that allows for symmetrical placements. The center of the room happens to cause a nasty bass hump for my CC3B. When running with lower xover pts, or full-range (just to see how it sounds), the bass sounds thick and bloated. I've used Room EQ Wizard to help me determine that a xover of 85hz for the center blends best with the subs. So would getting a CC5 be worth it to me, when I know I'm gonna cut off it's massive low end extension? If I run a CC5 as "large", or with low xover freqs like 40hz, I'd have to dedicate an EQ for it.

I'm hoping the CC5 is better for the midrange, treble, dynamics, slam, low-level detail, transparency, better match tonally for the 9's etc.......

Any experiences?

·
Registered
559 Posts
The CC5 is a huge improvement over the CC3B in all those things you mention: midrange, treble, dynamics, slam, low-level detail, transparency. It is a better match for the 9's. It's my reference for a great-sounding center channel. I ran it with a xover of 80hz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts