AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I bought the TH37PD25U/P television. My year warranty just ran out and I just got a call from some Panasonic sales guy telling me I should extend the warranty for another 2 years at a cost of $600+ to protect my investment.

Now, I'm just a poor guy and I don't have $600 laying around to buy a 2-yr extension and I had to state so several times before he'd get off the phone.

But now its bothering me and I'm wondering, is that something I should have

purchased? Will my tv go out on me in the next 2 years?? 5 years??

From what I understand, the Panasonic brand is pretty reliable, particularly this model of television. My levels are kept about half way and I only watch the tv maybe 3-4 hrs a night.

What is this board's opinion?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
IMO, definitely not worth the $600. Chances are that, as with most electronic equipment, the vast majority of plasma failures will occur within the first few hours of use; certainly within the first year.

If you paid with a premium (gold, platinum, titanium, etc.) credit card or an AmEx card, you are probably already covered for the second year by the CC (check your CC members' Agreement.) The fact that the CC companies provide this coverage free gives you an idea of how much it is really worth.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yep, thats why I use the electronics equipment as I mean to from the start, leave it on for many hours even if you're not using it. None of this gently procedure that people talk about here.

It looks like Visa is starting to drop the warranty extension though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.