AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded from my Sony 1272Q to a Barco 1208S and it is being shipped with the Iris 800 unit. What is the general consensus? Is it worth keeping, or, will I still end up inside the unit tweaking til the weeeee hours of the morning? From what I have read, the Iris is not the "end all be all".

So tell me guys...

to Ebay or not to Ebay???

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
John, from what I understand, the Iris will quickly get you close on the convergence settings, but you can improve on them with hand-tuning. Unless you plan to be moving the PJ or the screen frequently, it probably won't be of tremendous use to you.

OTOH, why not wait until you've got it, and play around with it a bit to see how you like it? I wouldn't mind playing with an Iris myself, to see what it can do, but I wouldn't pay a lot of money for one. Terry indicated recently here in the forums that he was pretty impressed at how it performed.

- Tim

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Tim! I will play around with it for a while. But I will eventually have one of the few calibrators in my area come into my house to do it right. At that point, it will go on Ebay (unless someone here is interested...e-mail me at [email protected] ).

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.