AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently struck a deal for a brand new pioneer vsx-1123k for $339,but I'm debating whether I should keep it or return it and get a comparable Denon with multeq XT(maybe an X2000). I've tried almost everything I could with advanced mcacc without buying an SPL meter, but my nxg bas-500 subwoofer hasn't done anything amazing with any material I throw at it (flac music, or bass heavy movies) Frankly, the auto-on switch doesn't work like it is supposed to with the receiver. Sometimes it works, but most of the time I have to manually leave the subwoofer on. The subwoofer blends well with the other bass but it just doesn't wow me with explosions or earthquakes.

Speaker wise, everything sounds a bit too tame or held back. Maybe this could be the symmetry option from advanced mcacc after doing the time delay, and all of that other calibration.

What it boils down to is I'm not getting much potential out of my subwoofer from this pioneer receiver. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm expecting too much in all the wrong places. I have 30 days to decide if I should stick with this receiver or just return it to the store.

Another question would be if I would have better results with multeq XT than advanced mcacc.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch that, I finally got the auto on to work properly and able to boost the subwoofer volume through the receiver since the advanced mcacc set the channel level too low for the subwoofer. Now the only question is whether I would get any better results with multeq XT over advanced mcacc.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.