AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Polk RTi150 mains, monitor 10b for surrounds, csi40 center, and an old yamaha for rear center. I am using a Denon 2802 for pre/HT processor and am driving the center and rear center with the Denon internal amps.

Currently I am driving the mains bi-wired with a Carver [email protected] amp and the surrounds with an old Carver receiver 130 [email protected] 8 ohms amp section. I am wondering if I would get better results if I bi-amp using the bigger amp for the low end of the mains only and the lesser powered Carver's amp for the mids/highs. This would mean moving the surrounds back to the Denons surround channel amps. I enjoy movies alot and don't want to shortchange the surround speakers of available power/headroom, but I listen much more to 2 channel music than movies and I thought the biamp setup I've described might yield better sound/ performance than simply bi-wiring. Do you think the Denon's 90wpc would still be enough for the surrounds without clipping on movies and possibly damaging the monitor 10s?

I have just purchased a parasound pld 1100 preamp and will be feeding the analog out from my Toshiba 9200 dvd player to the parasound and then ont the amp/amps and speakers and just want to get the best out of what I have. I know the proof is in the trying but I just wondered if anyone had any input up front for me. Thanks for any opinions. It's always interesting reading!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thoughts on this for me? I know this subject has been discussed here but I'd still be interested in some fresh input. Thanks in advance for any response.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sorry Steve, we just couldn't get the trained bi-amp monkeys to perform their routine this time. Re-read all the other threads on the topic.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.