AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I was wondering which would be the best plasma to get Samsung PN50C550 or Panasonic TCP42G25? Sammy is going for around $880 and the penny 42 inch for $780 .Also I was wondering about the 3D ready Panasonic GT25 its priced at 1200 at amazon with free 3D kit and bluray player and if could sell on ebay for maybe $400 back so that be $800 for the tv .Does anyone know if the GT25 2D picture quality is the same as the G25?

I appreciate greatly all the help and time taken to answer my post THANK YOU!(also any other recommendations greatly appreciated!)

also will be using the tv primarily for watching bluray and ps3 games

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's quite a few threads out there talking about the G series Panasonics. The GT basically a middle product between the G20-G25 and the VT series.

You get G level 2d and 3d, but from what I've read not as good as in the VT series..

One thing to consider is the talk of rising black levels on the entire Panasonic line. While the Samsung on the other hand has some unsettling buzzing issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The G and the GT use the same "Infinite Black" panel. Plus the GT benefits from the high speed fast decay phosphors. 2D should be at least as good,but go look at them for yourself. Fry's has them,Sears has them and Costco has the GT24 which is the same as the 25 except bundled with glasses.

·
Registered
582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMAN O /forum/post/19644171

bigger is better plus the sammy is on special

Better is better. Bigger is just more of the better. If you need a big tv, than get one. If the room suits a smaller tv, get the smaller tv. I think the room size might depend on how big of tv. And if you go bigger, go better as well with the 50G25.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts