AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Using surround speakers that high on the wall will negate Atmos sound. There is a requirement for the ear-level and Height speakers to have a vertical separation. Angled speakers at the top of the wall will NOT give that separation, because the sound is coming from overhead.
Do whatever you want, but right now, you are making a mistake.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Using surround speakers that high on the wall will negate Atmos sound. There is a requirement for the ear-level and Height speakers to have a vertical separation. Angled speakers at the top of the wall will NOT give that separation, because the sound is coming from overhead.
Do whatever you want, but right now, you are making a mistake.
Yea, maybe... I will try and let you know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
Good news!!
everything set and the sound is amazing! even the SVS PE as surround works very well and the atmos is superb (maybe i needed to put them a bit closer to the soffa...)

One question. I othered another of in-ceiling Polk RC80i... dont know why... i tought that its 1 speaker pear order..
Well, maybe i can use them instead of the morel sa-2 as front on ceiling atmos but i'll need to build a box for them. do you think that i should do it?

Another question. i red somewhere here that if the soffa 80cm from the wall i can turn the back speakers to the wall instead of the soffa and the sound will be heard better. is it correct?

@Zorba922 @AlexLac @sigpig

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Good news!!
everything set and the sound is amazing! even the SVS PE as surround works very well and the atmos is superb (maybe i needed to put them a bit closer to the soffa...)

One question. I othered another of in-ceiling Polk RC80i... dont know why... i tought that its 1 speaker pear order..
Well, maybe i can use them instead of the morel sa-2 as front on ceiling atmos but i'll need to build a box for them. do you think that i should do it?

Another question. i red somewhere here that if the soffa 80cm from the wall i can turn the back speakers to the wall instead of the soffa and the sound will be heard better. is it correct?

@Zorba922 @AlexLac @sigpig
Well done. Please post a new picture.

Using in-cieling for Atmos I think is the preferred way (it's also cleaner looking), so that could work. But I don't even have Atmos, so you should wait for others to offer their input on that.

I've not heard about turning speaker to face the wall. It sounds odd to me. If it doesn't require changing the mounting gear, you could just try and it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Well done. Please post a new picture.

Using in-cieling for Atmos I think is the preferred way (it's also cleaner looking), so that could work. But I don't even have Atmos, so you should wait for others to offer their input on that.

I've not heard about turning speaker to face the wall. It sounds odd to me. If it doesn't require changing the mounting gear, you could just try and it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
So, JBL is now rear surrounds, SVS PE side surrounds, Polk Top back and Morel sort of top front?
Yes! and I want to replace the morel with the 2 polk rc80i but only if i can put them in a box and hang them as on ceiling.

Do you think I should move the morel (front atmos) closer to the soffa?

also, i still got a feeling that 2 towers at front will do an amazing job but i need to find a place for the svs 13 ultra and only then i'll be able to think about that 😅

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yes! and I want to replace the morel with the 2 polk rc80i but only if i can put them in a box and hang them as on ceiling
OK, cool.
I would try and post in one of the many Atmos threads here. Look for the most active one. They may have some useful tips for you.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Do you think I should move the morel (front atmos) closer to the soffa?

also, i still got a feeling that 2 towers at front will do an amazing job but i need to find a place for the svs 13 ultra and only then i'll be able to think about that
Honestly don't know much about Atmos and what are the best locations. Logically I would think above the sitting position would be one as the sound will be right above you.

You're thinking now of getting tower fronts instead of the Klipsch bookshelf you're waiting to go on sale? I love towers, but most people here will tell you they are a waste for HT if you have a good sub. What I dislike most about bookshelf is needing stands for them. Both because I find it less pleasing aesthetically and for needing to buy stands. But you have the wide cabinet you can place them on, so not really an issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Honestly don't know much about Atmos and what are the best locations. Logically I would think above the sitting position would be one as the sound will be right above you.

You're thinking now of getting tower fronts instead of the Klipsch bookshelf you're waiting to go on sale? I love towers, but most people here will tell you they are a waste for HT if you have a good sub. What I dislike most about bookshelf is needing stands for them. Both because I find it less pleasing aesthetically and for needing to buy stands. But you have the wide cabinet you can place them on, so not really an issue.
I really like the Morel but got a feeling that my front need more punch.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Lets say that i will find a place for the sub, which speakers, bigger than the Klipsh, you think I should buy?
I'm no expert in speakers...but maybe some Klipsch towers, if only cause they have a distinct look with those copper drivers and it will look nice with your center. You keep the grills on so it won't make a big difference. You'd want Zorba922 to chime in on that, he usually warns people about certain Klipsch models for being too shouty. There is a guy on HTmag selling Klipsch RP-260F, but I think those might be from the poor/cheap series, I'm not sure. All their series names look the same to me.

Do you have good headphones? Check out this thread:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
The RP-260F are still excellent speakers, they were replaced by the RP-6000F speakers that have better treble control. You would be thrilled with those speakers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
The RP-260F are still excellent speakers, they were replaced by the RP-6000F speakers that have better treble control. You would be thrilled with those speakers.
I checked the size of the RP600F and another question came up that will help me here.
Can i put the sub (svs 13 ultra) behind the couch? if so, i'll be able to place the RP600 in front.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I checked the size of the RP600F and another question came up that will help me here.
Can i put the sub (svs 13 ultra) behind the couch? if so, i'll be able to place the RP600 in front.
3,500 NIS sounds terribly expensive considering they are $500 on Amazon for a pair. Might be better for you to go to a dealer who sells those or the RP-6000F and negotiate them down in price considerably. Negotiated dealer prices can get to 40% off official price. So I'd look into that first before getting them 2nd hand (unless the guy selling them would go down in price). You might find out you can get it new for not much more than 2nd hand.
And you should try that Crutchfield too, it will give you an idea about the sound.

As for the sub, you can't know till you tried. Sub can go anywhere but it won't be effective everywhere. Place it behind the couch and hear how it sounds, that's the only way to know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
3,500 NIS sounds terribly expensive considering they are $500 on Amazon for a pair. Might be better for you to go to a dealer who sells those or the RP-6000F and negotiate them down in price considerably. Negotiated dealer prices can get to 40% off official price. So I'd look into that first before getting them 2nd hand (unless the guy selling them would go down in price). You might find out you can get it new for not much more than 2nd hand.
And you should try that Crutchfield too, it will give you an idea about the sound.

As for the sub, you can't know till you tried. Sub can go anywhere but it won't be effective everywhere. Place it behind the couch and hear how it sounds, that's the only way to know.
yep, you are right. already ordered 10mr cable :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
yep, you are right. already ordered 10mr cable :)
Cool.
Subwoofers are odd speakers, you can also try them in different positions behind the couch, to the right, to the left, to the wall, to the couch. The guy who techs Rhythmik subs posted a picture of his room and his subs are facing the wall. I'll see if I can find the pics.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Essentially, put your sub on your MLP seat and crawl around the room to find the best bass response.

Reactions: AlexLac
121 - 140 of 156 Posts