AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that more RCA's are brought in for repair than any other brand of tv. But I also know that there are more RCA tv's than any other kind. Everyone here seems pretty informed and I noticed many of you own RCA's... so what's the consensus?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
All manufactures have failures. I would go for it if you like the TV. I own the 38" RCA with built in turner and it has a great HD picture.

When buying any HD TV, get the extended warranty from the dealer and they will have to fix it or replace it if it goes down. If you are spending 1K and up, it is probably wise to spend the extra 200-400 for the extended warranty.

Good Luck!

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love my RCA 38â€, I was aware of RCAs service record when I bought it. According to ‘Consumer Reports’, 20% of RCAs need service compared to 4-5% for Sony and Panny and the others. The RCA costs about $1000 less than a 34†with receiver. Get an extended warrantee, buy it from Best Buy, (they just smile when you have them give you a new one) and be happy with your bigger HDTV. I've had 4 RCA HDs, one 36" and three 38s, two were bad and went back, two were good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.