AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else in same boat as I am? All the raves about the new Z1 is making me wish I would have waited before purchasing the AE-200. Anyways, does anyone think it would be easy to sell the AE-200 on ebay for the price I paid for?

Cy

·
Registered
117 Posts
I say keep the AE200 and upgrade in a year or two. Good upgrade now though would be the Sony HS10. Have the Z1 and still thinking the HS10 would be a nice upgrade over the HS10.

Know it is tough but keep what you have and be happy.

Now wish I could do that also. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have just sold 2 of my Panasonic TH-AE100 on Ebay for $1,100 each over the weekend. My Sanyo PLV-Z1 arrived today, it was shipped overnight from a authorized Sanyo dealer in PA. The price I paid is about the same as for a Japanese AE200. The unit comes with a 3 yr factory warranty, which sure beats buying overseas. Just finished watching HDTV (DirecTV) on channel 199 & 509 and must said, Z1 is a pretty awesome little projector. Look ma! no more screen door seating 1.5x of a 9' da-lite screen).

The Z1 has a internal 3:2 pull down scaler which does a pretty good job with S-Video and is comparable to my DVDO V2 and the Panasonic RP56 with the DCDI chip.

I certainly have no regrets selling the AE100 for the Z1. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
MrWes,

I didn't see many people commenting on the Z1 scalar. Is it really that good? Would component be even better? What DVD player are you using? I have an old Sony S7700. Just wondering if I have to buy a new progressive scan player (such as the RP82) to go with the Z1? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you use Pscan output from the DVD player, then the pj's scaler doesn't matter. With the better built-in scalers in pj's these days, S-video & interlaced Component look nearly as good as a direct Pscan input.

This is true of the Z1, as well as many of the other inexpensive pj's that have ridiculous numbers of posts here. I've been saying for over a year that there's no reason for mfr's to put a bad deinterlacer or scaler in, when a good costs them $10 or $20 more!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess the type of feedback I wanted was people to tell me that Z1 is alot better than the AE-200 and it is worth getting it. At this point, I don't know how they compare without someone directly comparing the two for PQ, contrast, black level, etc. Hopefully someone has both of the projector and would appreciate the feedback on the comparison.

Cy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.