AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the deal...I love my 3242, it has an outstanding picture, and I primarily use it for 360/ps3 gaming. However, I use my stereo for audio output, and occasionally use the tv speakers. I got the infamous audio drop out last night, and I guess I need to take it back to best buy.

My question is this: should I swap it for the 3253h while I'm there? I can get it probably for 100 dollars more, but I'm in college and on a budget...is the picture difference worth 100 dollars? The design I actually prefer on the 3242, I like the side speakers, but is 8000:1 vs 7000:1 really 100 dollars better?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
If the tv works well and money is an issue, you can get a firmware upgrade from Samsung for the audio drop out, but why do you ever want to use the tv's speakers anyway. I always use external speakers to avoid the drop out you are talking about and some people get a rattle with bass sounds in the tv's speakers, even with the upgrade. Not very good speakers however you look at it.

Save the $100 and use the stereo external speakers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response. I'll take the 100 bucks and get a tv stand for my room, it's getting crowded and my tv won't fit in my entertainment center I have now (only fits up to 26"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE.....I can trade even this week at best buy, so should I trade it now? I know the 53h isn't miles better, but is it still at least worth a shot?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts