Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have been thinking about upgrading my Pioneer Elite DV-05 to a progressive scan unit and am looking for recommendations. I will need a player with digital audio out to feed the receiver/amp. The DVD will be played through a NEC XG 110 LC CRT Projector. I look forward to any and all suggestions.

Thanks,

Kort

·
Banned
362 Posts
Hi Kort,

I was in the exact same situation as you are in. I just sold my 1.5-year-old like-new DV-05 on eBay for $210, complete with original box, remote, and documentation - not a bad price considering I bought it for $297 brand new.

I have to admit, it was a very difficult decision - I really liked the quality of the audio and video this machine put out, and the glossy finish and THX certification really made me think twice about selling it instead of keeping it around as a second DVD player for the bedroom.

Ultimately, however, economics dictated that I sell it and I just bought myself a Panasonic RP82 after reading all of the positive reviews on this board and elsewhere. The cost of this new machine was a little over $200, so it was basically an even trade. I'm planning to hook it up to a brand new Mitsubishi 42" RPTV this Thursday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. After reading the comparisons, I have ordered the CP 72. Looks like internaly the unit is the same with the added convenience? well see, of a carousel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.