AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current HTPC (SG33G5) is a G33 based shuttle (Vista 32 Bit SP-1, Q6600) and is trundling along OK thanks in part to the tips on this board for getting bugs ironed out including HDMI Video / Audio sorted and 24p support. I'm pretty sold on the SFF as it fits into the TV/AV furniture.

The G45 based Shuttles are just becomming available ( http://au.shuttle.com/product_detail...LI=767&PI=1131 ). For those already on the G45's, is it worth upgrading / are there any outstanding issues & what if anything will be better?

- Video Quality?

- How is 24p going?

- Any Audio Issues?

- Does it work with TMT properly (I have to swap their render files for the old Japanese Trial ones still)

- Any differences withteh issues with HDCP / Repeater etc etc.

All I want from my HTPC is good solid, smooth and fuss free playback capabilities for 24p / PAL / NTSC / M-PCM Audio all over HDMI.

Thanks

Nathan

·
Registered
2 Posts
The G45 based shuttle sounds great to me, but the price is a bit ridiculous around here. The cheapest I have seen it in Canada is $450.

I would also warn that the Shuttle's aren't that quiet, but I guess you already have experience with them so you know what to expect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts