AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Sony DVP NS775 (480p) and a Sony XBR970 (CRT) TV.

I was wondering if I should get an upconverting DVD player? Namely the Sony DVP-NS75H player.

I'm not quite ready to jump on the HD player bandwagon.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
If you are going to get one go with the oppo hd970 this thing rocks....

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
But the bad thing about the bluray and hd-dvd players is the movies are extremely limited and if since most of us have an extensive library of dvds then why purchase a dvd player that has an unsecure future because of the format wars , limited titles and full of bugs that have not been ironed out tells me that it's not a good time to embrace a new format with gloomy future.

So I feel that if an upconverting player can enhance and improve my current setup for a low price of $149.00 for an oppo DV-970HD dvd player , Then to me it seems that it is a great upgrade for now until the hd format wars and hd dvd players drop in price would be worth it to upgrade for now.

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
I would argue that since the Tosh A2 upscales SD DVDs at least as well as the Oppo, and plays HD-DVDs, it's the better value at this point in time (you can get one for $400).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.