AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I really need some help deciding between upgrading my current setup or starting over. Currently, I have two older Klipsch RF-25's paired with a Klipsch KSW-10 sub connected to a Denon AVR-590.

These speakers are located in my living/family room which is roughly 18'x20'. They are used about 70% for TV/Movies and the other 30% for music.

I'm not really sure what I should do, I don't mind the sound of the Klipschs', but my wife says all the time that voices "aren't very clear" both in music and movies. I keep saying it's probably because we have no center channel but, Honestly I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I guess the questions I have are: With a budget of between $300-$400, would I get a better setup if I just added a matching center for now? Or should I toss the RF-25's on craigslist and replace them with something else entirely? I'd like to have at least a 3.1 setup after this purchase with a clear path to upgrade to 5.1 eventually.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

· The Village Idiot
9,883 Posts
Try the RC-25 center channel that matches what you have now. That should clean up the dialog.

They go for $150-200 on ebay .
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.