AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 60"+ LED LCD TV--I already have a 46" Sony XBR3 and want to upgrade not only on size, but also on picture quality/contrast level. Willing to spending under $5-6k. There are only a few options available in the market, question is, should I wait for the next waves of LED TV that supposedly will have awesome dark levels? How long will the wait be, or should I dive in now to get what's available on the market, if it is decent enough?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Sharp and Sony have announced that their Gen10 plant will start production in October. It will make large panels to be sold to various companies. Expect the first completed sets to arrive in stores during the winter, although they will probably be pricey at first.

I've seen reports of the last of the old 65 inch Sharps being sold at reasonable prices. If you can't wait that's somthing you might look into.

Myself I figure I'll replace my faithful 720p 52 inch rear-projection with a 60 inch locally-dimmed LED, and next fall looks about the right timing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.