AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now ready to buy a projector and I was going to buy the JVC DILA G11/15. But should I wait for the NEW projectors that are due to be released here this fall? Like the new Sharp or Selco 16x9. Let me know what you guys think.

TIA

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes.

------------------

Jim Lauritzen

·
Registered
950 Posts
Waiting for the latest tech stuff always seems like good idea. You'll be able to make more informative comparisons for the amount of $$ you'll be spending.

Good luck, VB

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
New projectors are typically introduced in the timeframe between Infocomm (last June) and CEDIA (September). If you wait a few more months, you should have definitive reports on a number of products including the Sharp 9000z, the new Seleco, the Infocus 530, as well as products like the Sanyo PLV-60, Plus Piano, and NEC LT150 that have already been seen.

Things will not change that much until next spring, except for prices falling.

It sounds to me that you should be able to make up your mind soon. But I definitely would wait a bit.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
as well, there is also the very promising Christie Digital Vivid Red, a DILA machine, using SHP bulb (cheap, long lasting), and weighing only 11 lb, and quiet. I am sure it won't be "as good" as the xenon using DILA's, but it is as close to DILA without the DILA problems. ALso has a good scaler build in too!

------------------

David Mendicino

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm also waiting for the new projectors to be shown at CEDIA. When the new projectors come out, the prices of current projectors now will most probably drop.

------------------

Walter

·
Registered
683 Posts
Maybe yes, maybe no.

It depends on how impatient you are, how long you plan to hold on to your projector and how much money you have to spend.

I waited for months for the "perfect" projector. Guess what, they will never make the "perfect" projector.

I was on a some what limited budget, so I jumped in and bought a used Plus UP-1100-T. It is far from perfect, but we have been enjoying movies on it for several months now.

In a couple of years I will upgrade to a projector with a 16 x 9 panel, better contrast, better scaler.... Should be more choices at better prices by then. But for now this Plus is WAY better than my old RPTV.

Just my opinion. Reed.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I may have the luxury of waiting, but currently I'm looking at the XP21N, which I understand is scheduled to be discontinued. Anyone have an educated guess as to how long I'll be able to get an XP21N if nothing better for my application comes along?

Thanks.

/jab

------------------

a moderator at the TiVo Community Forum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.