AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stick with my xbox 360 add-on , or should I get the HD A1 ? I found a great bargin on ebay for $150+ shipping. My main reason for wanting to go to the A1 is for the analog outputs. My receiver is a Yamaha - HTR-5960 so I cant use HDMI for audio
. Thanks Ryan.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well, can you return your add-on? If so, I would go for it. I returned my add on a while back because the audio was so bad. I heard they fixed it now though. I personally like the look of a standalone better...but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
well if its an august build date i would stay away from the a1 both my a1s where august build dates and would skip,drop out like crazy. they worked perfect for about 2 months and then the problems would start. the second one lasted about 4 months and then the last 2 weeks it really started acting up and then bam it just gave up.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan48 /forum/post/0

Stick with my xbox 360 add-on , or should I get the HD A1 ? I found a great bargin on ebay for $150+ shipping. My main reason for wanting to go to the A1 is for the analog outputs. My receiver is a Yamaha - HTR-5960 so I cant use HDMI for audio
. Thanks Ryan.

For $150, I'd buy it.

I have an A1 and it's been perfect.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. What about upscaling SD DVDs? I would think the A1 would do a better job than my 360 could. Right now I use my 360 as my main DVD/HD DVD player. And what about the PQ of HD DVD , I would think they would be the same am I right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts