AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing music files through my Zino HD and thought I could save power and bulb life by turning off my projector. About 2 minutes later, while music was still playing, Media Center stopped playing.

The only explanation I can see is that perhaps the video driver noticed the display was off and then shutdown the HDMI port. This seems ridiculous because the HDMI port was still sending the music to my preamp.

Since my projector was already off, I did not bother turning it back on to check the state of my Zino HD.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL /forum/post/18253234

The only explanation I can see is that perhaps the video driver noticed the display was off and then shutdown the HDMI port. This seems ridiculous because the HDMI port was still sending the music to my preamp.

I suppose that could be happening and might depend on the motherboard/video card manufacturer. I know on my Clarskdale/H55 based HTPC using VGA and a separate sound card that the video never shuts down no matter the state of my flat panel. I also know that's not a great data point because I'm not using HDMI, but I thought I'd share anyway.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
sounds like you need to adjust your power settings, you could also try MCE standby tool.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
sounds like you need to adjust your power settings, you could also try MCE standby tool.

I have configured the video card to be always on. What is the MCE standby tool? Will it be helpful in this situation when I am not entering standby?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts