AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to make my Parkland screen, 16x9. I have a 5'X10' piece. I have an Excell spreadsheet that allows you to plug in the height of the screen and gives you what size the width should be. When sizing the Parkland shouldn't I take into consideration the size of the molding that I will be using around the frame?

In other words if I have a 60" tall piece of Parkland, and use a two inch piece of molding at top and bottom, I really have a 56" tall piece for purposes of the calculator. But then again the corresponding width that it gives me will also end up having 2" on each side covered with molding, throwing everything off.

Am I obsessing over something in the 16x9 ration that will not really matter? Should I just plug 60" in for the height, calculate the width, and not worry about the molding?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You need to concentrate on "veiwable area", what the dimensions need to be for the inside of the frame.

Depending on how much parkland you need for mounting to a frame will determine whether you can have the entire 60" height as viewable, or perhaps you can only have 56" as viewable height.

Are you mounting the parkland to the frame or fitting it perfectly inside the frame (more difficult).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Corr
You need to concentrate on "veiwable area", what the dimensions need to be for the inside of the frame.

Depending on how much parkland you need for mounting to a frame will determine whether you can have the entire 60" height as viewable, or perhaps you can only have 56" as viewable height.

Are you mounting the parkland to the frame or fitting it perfectly inside the frame (more difficult).
I will be mounting it to the frame, with molding over the top.

I will only have 56" as viewable height. The question is what should I trim the width to be for a 16x9 screen, realizing that two inches will be lost on each side of the width as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.