AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i want the game the day it comes out do i NEED to pre-order it or will stores have plenty of copies? is there really a need to pre order?

· Registered
227 Posts
I'll say no but sometimes you can save $5 or so. If you're confident it will be a game you want to own then there is no harm in piece of mind right?

I don't like to pre-order because of silly principals. I hate how stores try to secure sales on things we may not have had a chance to catch a review on.

· Registered
370 Posts
I used to be a big supporter of pre ordering things and then I realized that most big releases are ordered in quantities so large, its nigh impossible not to find it on launch day somewhere.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
I was worried about GTA4 selling out, I asked here the same type of question, and received the same answers. So I figured, what hell, and my friend and I both pre-ordered at gamestop (the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything). We went in together the afternoon of the release day, and they only had one copy left, lol. And they didn't seem to care much or understand why we were upset. I don't think they understand the point of pre-ordering and/or reserving a copy. They had an employee running around to other gamestops trying to find a copies to bring back, but it was a total inconvenience.

I'm definitely not interested in pre-ordering anymore. I would rather just run around myself on my own time, or just go to best buy who likely has plenty of copies.

· Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage /forum/post/15416004

I was worried about GTA4 selling out, I asked here the same type of question, and received the same answers. So I figured, what hell, and my friend and I both pre-ordered at gamestop (the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything). We went in together the afternoon of the release day, and they only had one copy left, lol. And they didn't seem to care much or understand why we were upset. I don't think they understand the point of pre-ordering and/or reserving a copy. They had an employee running around to other gamestops trying to find a copies to bring back, but it was a total inconvenience.

I'm definitely not interested in pre-ordering anymore. I would rather just run around myself on my own time, or just go to best buy who likely has plenty of copies.

thats what i figured. i would imagine a place like best buy would have a boat load of copies on launch day.

· Registered
788 Posts
I highly doubt they are going to be sold out if you go on release day. Not even MGS4 was sold out on release day (the game itself that is). Furthermore, I disagree that you could save money either. Release week $60 games are usually on sale for $50 anyway - $10 off.

The pre-release "bonus" that BB and GS are giving out for KZ2 simply aren't worth it either IMO.

· Registered
2,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/15416261

thats what i figured. i would imagine a place like best buy would have a boat load of copies on launch day.

any circuit city/best buy/walmart/target will likely have plenty of copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkit /forum/post/15415746

I don't like to pre-order because of silly principals.

agreed. I got sick and tired of gamestop hounding for pre-orders and only ordering enough to fill pre-orders just to artificially create sellouts on release day (meanwhile you go to the nearest big box and they've got 50 copies)

· Registered
5,817 Posts
If you're only concerned about it being in stock, I don't think you need to preorder. The only reason I preorder anything is if there are bonus goodies that I want to get out of it.

· Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkit /forum/post/15415746

I'll say no but sometimes you can save $5 or so. If you're confident it will be a game you want to own then there is no harm in piece of mind right?

I don't like to pre-order because of silly principals. I hate how stores try to secure sales on things we may not have had a chance to catch a review on.

Principals? Is he keeping you after school until the stores close?

· Registered
1,283 Posts
Have you ever not been able to find a big release game on launch day? I certainly haven't; so I don't pre-order.

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Preordering is not required anymore meaning there is always ample supply of new games when released. It also helps that near where I live there are

2 Targets

3 Gamestops

1 Walmart

1 Best Buy

1 Circuit City

All within

· Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy /forum/post/15417406

Preordering is not required anymore meaning there is always ample supply of new games when released. It also helps that near where I live there are

2 Targets

3 Gamestops

1 Walmart

1 Best Buy

1 Circuit City

All within

i have a lot of big name stores close as well. i just have never made a point to have a game or movie or cd the day it comes out. so i wasn't sure what to expect. i bought LBP two days after christmas this year and thought that maybe that game would be all sold out too, but nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrackedJack /forum/post/15417287

Have you ever not been able to find a big release game on launch day? I certainly haven't; so I don't pre-order.

i wouldn't know, i have never tried to get a game on launch day.... yet.

thanks everybody!

· Registered
5,639 Posts
I've got 2 GameStops, a Target, Circuit City and Best Buy not more than 20 minutes away from me.

My days of pre-ordering are done. In fact, my days of dealing with GameStop/EB Games are over. I hope they burn in helghast hell!

· Registered
4,380 Posts
In addition to big big name titles (MGS4, GTA4) being in stock at larger places (like best buy) causing no concern for pre-ordering at all, I really don't think KZ2 is on that many people's radar. I think a lot of people don't even know it's coming, and a good portion of those who do are skeptical given the last KZ. I'm not sure it's a "get it at midnight" game for most, so that's all the more reason not to worry. It's not like we're talking about FFXIII or GOW3.

· Registered
355 Posts
I'd be lining up at midnight if that were a possibility. I can see where you'd not want to pick up KZ2 based on the original KZ's game play and graphics but from what I've seen and heard from gaming sites it sounds promising. I picked up the original about two weeks ago and I'm really hating the gun mechanics and aiming but I believe that there will be significant changes to KZ2.

I think the mixing and matching of classes will lead to very interesting ways to organize attacks on enemies. I can wait to run a cloaked engineer and set up turrets close to enemies without being seen.

· Registered
4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3_OWENS /forum/post/15421304

I'd be lining up at midnight if that were a possibility. I can see where you'd not want to pick up KZ2 based on the original KZ's game play and graphics but from what I've seen and heard from gaming sites it sounds promising. I picked up the original about two weeks ago and I'm really hating the gun mechanics and aiming but I believe that there will be significant changes to KZ2.

I think the mixing and matching of classes will lead to very interesting ways to organize attacks on enemies. I can wait to run a cloaked engineer and set up turrets close to enemies without being seen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally pretty excited for it. Not enough to line up at midnight or even to buy it on launch day necessarily, but I have high hopes. I'm just not so sure that main street America knows it's coming let alone is ready to buy sight unseen on launch day to the point that supply can't meet demand.

· Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ_Rage /forum/post/15421708

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally pretty excited for it. Not enough to line up at midnight or even to buy it on launch day necessarily, but I have high hopes. I'm just not so sure that main street America knows it's coming let alone is ready to buy sight unseen on launch day to the point that supply can't meet demand.

I agree that this title doesn't have a huge following like most titles and should be advertising heavily to get the word out. I'm glad their putting out a demo to at least get some word of mouth. I only wish they'd release the demo to everyone to help people decide if it's worth the $60 bucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.