Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello once again everyone.

While I not-so patiently wait to buy just the right HDTV tuner, I was wondering if my RCA DRD480RE receiver should be able to pick up the 119 Sat. I realize that the receiver is not a HDTV tuner, but it is supposed to be compatible with the oval dish which I currently am using. I have the settings set on the DRD480 as using a oval dish and have tried for a while to pick up the signal of the 119 Sat. with no success. After trying for a while I got to thinking that I may need the HDTV tuner.

Have I just been wasting my time looking for a signal? Do I need the HDTV tuner to get the signal for the 119 sat?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You can pick up 119 with the 480 SD receiver. Make sure you go in the setting and change the dish to an Oval dish. Keep trying....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
If you have ch 400, you are receiving 119.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

[This message has been edited by David Richardson (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. Thanks guys. I will keep looking for the signal. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't looking for a signal that my receiver would never find.

No channel 400. Just a message saying searching for signal. I will try again over the weekend. Reading some of the postings in the forum it seems that I will really need to be patient while trying to find the signal.

I don't think I can wait any longer. I might as well go buy the RCA DTC 100. I have been hearing good things about it.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.