AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using ReplayTV for the past 4 years and have never seen this happen until just this past week. While watching a recorded show it will stop playback and display the screen that normally shows at the end of a recording asking if you want to delete the show or play another recorded show. For example, last night we were watching the 2 hr American Idol episode recorded on Tuesday. About half way thru it stopped and displayed the "Delete this episode/play another show" screen. I selected play another show and could see that episode had recorded a full 2 hours. So I selected the same episode we were in the middle of watching and it started playing the show right from where it had stopped. This happened 2 more times while we were watching American Idol. The same thing has happened with a couple other shows that my wife watched over the past few days.

In each case I believe that the show being watched was being streamed from a replaytv somewhere else in the house. I use Buffalo wireless routers to connect the Replays throughout the house and have had them for several years without seeing this behavior. Have not made any changes to my network or the ReplayTV setup for at least a year. Anybody else ever encounter this?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes. I have seen this several times while streaming from one replay to another. I believe that it's a network timeout issue which confuses the replay and causes the "play another show' message to appear.

I have found that the simplest solutions is to hit the seven second rewind button. This should cause play to resume, but don't be surprised if you have to do this a couple more times before the show finishes.

RW

·
Registered
61 Posts
I, too, have had this happen a few times. Usually, turning off commercial advance takes care of it. Seems to have been a bad commercial marker that was fooling it into thinking the rest of the show was a commercial break.

·
Registered
615 Posts
And all this time I believed my 4-year-old daughter when she told me she stopped the show with her mind!

Yeah, this happens to me once in a while too and although I never set out to prove it, I assumed it was related to a glitch in the network stream...

·
Registered
188 Posts
all dvrs etc. are computer timed so they could be off by 10 to 30 sec. or the show

itself could have their show long so you get screwed.

if you are not recording a show right after the current show you could probably go into

settings and tell it to stop the recording between 1 o 3 min after its over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.