AVS Forum banner
2061 - 2080 of 2180 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's quite small compared to everything I have been seeing here...

Length is about 20ft, width is 14ft by the screen and 11 feet by the seating area. Height is 6.7ft.

The room is an L shape with a walkout to the backyard on the left of the screen.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm building a new house with HT in it.
Length 22.5ft (7m) x Width 14.7ft (4.5m). Im happy with this.

The only issue is the height, because its in the basement. The height is at 7.2ft (2.2m)
I was worried the height is not enough for a riser on the second row seating.
But looking at your photos, it looks great at 6.7ft (2m).

Whats your screen size?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Very cool. Why an ALR screen in a bat cave?
We use it to watch sports and play video games as well. In these scenarios, the lights are somewhat on. The ALR takes care of that. :)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I'm building a new house with HT in it.
Length 22.5ft (7m) x Width 14.7ft (4.5m). Im happy with this.

The only issue is the height, because its in the basement. The height is at 7.2ft (2.2m)
I was worried the height is not enough for a riser on the second row seating.
But looking at your photos, it looks great at 6.7ft (2m).

Whats your screen size?
Unfortunately, the projector is over the last row middle seat by about 5 inches. And anyone sitting in that chair can potentially swing their arms and hit the projector. Which is why Nobody is allowed in that chair except for me. when I have 6 people watching a movie. Otherwise, my first choice of seat is the front row middle. :)

The screen is 135" 2.35:1

Reactions: bubbrik and azz7686

·
Registered
134 Posts
That’s looks awesome and something new for me to consider. Do you have a build thread or the one to open soffit you were inspired by?
Sure. See 2.0 in my sig. Good Luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you Valencia theater seating arrive. Would love to see some pics

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
So yesterday in fact they called and said they would be shipping next week!! I hope to see them by end of the month. All the custom acoustic treatments for the HiFi room are in production with GIK Acoustics also. ETA is June 4th for those as well looking forward to a nice little update to the theater and Hifi.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'd like to share with you my finished room. I'm very happy with the results considering it's mostly built on compromises and cost cutting. Last August my daughter finally moved out and the room was all Mine. The very next morning, I set up all my old equipment and started enjoying. This spring I committed to a complete overhaul, must have 4k Atmos. So I upgraded the receiver, speakers, subwoofers, seating, projector and screen, yea everything lol. I chose to go with tan fabric with black trim on the walls and tbv around the screen, form follows function, the fabric walls do a great job with the acoustics and tbv creates a black hole for the screen. Together with acoustic panels on the side and back wall, Rockwool treated front wall and rear bass traps, the room sounds awesome imo. Thanks to everyone and avsforum for the great guidance :) I still have some decorations to complete and of course upgradeitis still biting at me :)

Video: Epson 5040ube, Silver Ticket 135" 16:9, Shield tube, FTV 4k, Kodi and MrMc
Audio: 7.4.4 Denon x3600h, Pioneer SC1522 amp, and two old school amps for sub duty (Soundstream and ED1300)
Speaker and subs: 11ch. JBL 8330, VTF15 v1, Klipsch RW-12d, dual JBL GX1200 w/ Slaps 2ch., mini-Boss and Clark Synthesis Platinum
Here are some pics
Room Art Door Interior design House
Room Living room Furniture Couch Interior design
Room Furniture Interior design Living room
Red Stage Room Projection screen Movie theater
Room Theatre Furniture Interior design Building
Room Living room Interior design Furniture Building
Poster Screenshot Graphic design Multimedia Darkness

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
beautifull setup
Thank you. I'll be moving in the spring though so this will be someone else's room... But that means I get to build a new one... :)

Reactions: wilfredent
2061 - 2080 of 2180 Posts