AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2072 Posts

·
Registered
24,704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F /forum/post/15153077

My God, Art! I've looked at pictures of your theater before but never realized quite how BIG it is! What are the dimensions of that puppy?

20' x27' 9'3", At my last HT meet I put 70 people into three demo sessions. I think the way people are packed in made it look bigger.

Art

·
Registered
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy238 /forum/post/15263996

Very nice stone look. Real... fake? I love your screen wall.

Thanks Andy.

The stones are Eldorado Stone (brand). They make Artificial Stone veneer. They make em out of poured concreted in molds and then paint on the color.

So they feel and look real, but are not. They're heavy too, at about 12 to 15lbs per sqft. Those doors weigh anywhere from 300 to 400lbs.

Old

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice guys, especially Landshark Koach and Strangebrew, 3 of my favs around here. Landshark and Koach for the tan/black and Strange for his wall panels and pin striped fabric walls. I'm going to have to steal those ideas from you guys.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Wow, so many slick theaters here. I'd REALLY love to post mine but I just can't say it's finished until I get curtains around the room.

Great job everyone!

Tom

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
The carpet is made by {Mohawk} it is called {High Rise Retreat} and the color is {Ebony on Onyx}

It looks sort of black on grey in the pics but in real life it is light black on very dark black.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Collinvegas your HT is one of the nicest I've seen, your theater deserve to be featured in Hometheater magazine.

Reactions: akoutin

·
Registered
417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupalev /forum/post/15264250

Tupalev, out of curiosity, what size blank panels are you using between your components? I need to order some soon and am trying to get a visual reference for how each size looks. I would guess they are 3U.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Not totally done, need to figure out my back row. How do I get better pictures?

Reactions: pgwalsh

·
Registered
504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeliciano /forum/post/15661818

CollinViegas,

Are your pictures enhanced ? The lighting looks flawless. the colors look really good, a bit Rubenesque, if you will..Nice job !!

No the pictures aren't enhanced, I just got a new camera. It has an option to set the white balance in the room by taking a picture of something white in there. I set it to the white of the screen. I set color saturation to "Accurate" and the DRO setting to "High" to recover data in dark areas and this is how they came out.

However the first picture is closest to the real color of the room on my computer display, I dont know how it looks on other displays though.

·
Registered
504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutlian /forum/post/15661897

Collinvegas your HT is one of the nicest I've seen, your theater deserve to be featured in Hometheater magazine.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words...

·
Registered
1,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmackrell /forum/post/15152623

Very nice and elegant, Loved your carpet.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't care how many of these threads there are. There are some amazing theaters folks on this site have put together. It's a hell of a hobby!

Randy

41 - 60 of 2072 Posts