AVS Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 2127 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

I completed my Home Theater project and wanted to post some pictures. I call this version 1.0 as I know I'll be changing
things out as time goes bye. Here's a list on what I installed:
Projector: Epson 6030ub
Subwoofers: SVS PB12-Plus x2
Right/Left/Center Speakers: Bowers & Wilkins CM-9s
Rears Speakers: 686 series x4
Amps: Emotiva XPA-1L x3
Screen: 135" Elite Acoustically Transparent
Receiver: Denon AVR 4000
Battery backup: APC x2
Xbox 360
HTPC and Drobo
Reel to Reel Teac player
Remote: Harmony
Blu-ray: Oppo 103
GIK acoustic treatments
Skyline diffuser's that I made

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi all,

I completed my Home Theater project and wanted to post some pictures. I call this version 1.0 as I know I'll be changing
Xbox 360
HTPC and Drobo
Reel to Reel Teac player
GIK acoustic treatments

What type of power are you running to your rack? Dedicated 20amp?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hi all,

Xbox 360
HTPC and Drobo
Reel to Reel Teac player
GIK acoustic treatments
Looks great Harrison! How does that reel to reel sound?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Beautiful setup!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes it's just a regular 20 amp that runs to that room. I had a guy here in San Antonio run all the wires in the wall so
it would be a clean look. He's an awesome guy that runs his own business called "Mimi's Custom Installation". I
highly recommend him. He said the room can handle the system and it does just fine. The only problem that I
have is sometimes when the amps fired up the APC battery beeps because of the power draw....

·
Registered
10 Posts
A blast from the past. Love the Teac reel-to-reel -- 4 channel, no less. I bought one of those when I was in the Navy in Japan in the late '60s...loved it!
Hey LeBon, The reel to reel's were in my dad's attic for 30 years. I always knew they were up there so when
I put the HT room together I asked him for it and he was happy to put them back into action...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I had an electrician put four outlets in the closet so I could running everything for the rack and the room has a 20 amp running to it. I had
an A/C guy run an A/C vent into the closet to keep it cool and on top of the rack there are to ducts that attach to the top of the rack to blow
the hot air up into the attic...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think those reel to reel's are making a comeback in the 2 channel world. It seems like I read that somewhere a couple of years ago.
Yeah I hear record players are making a comeback too. Do you ever listen to AVRant? I listen to the podcast everyweek
and they often talk about the fact that allot of people want to listen to records rather than digital copies...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great Harrison! How does that reel to reel sound?
Hi the Teac player sounds O.K. but I do prefer digital copies. I think it's nice to have some old stuff in the system also.
I have a Laserdisc player on the bottom of the rack that I still haven't hooked up yet!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all,

Xbox 360
HTPC and Drobo
Reel to Reel Teac player
GIK acoustic treatments
very nice room, turned out good.

what size is the room?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I really debated if I wanted to post in this thread considering how awesome everybody's theaters look in comparison to mine. However, I figure there are a few people out there in the same place I am, so hopefully this encourages some of you to go ahead and build a theater. Quick amount of back story, I'm renting a 3 bedroom house right now, and don't have the luck of having a basement. I had wanted to do something dedicated for years, but just never had the room. Reading here however I discovered the small build thread, got inspired, and did a truly small build. My room is a 3rd bedroom that was being used as a guest/junk storage room. As the house is rented I was unable to paint (hence the paint job that is perfect for a 7 year old) or run in wall wiring. I expect that in the next few years I will buy a house, and my personal prerequisite for doing that is that I have a dedicated media room. However for now I'm proud of the fact that I turned a 11x12 room into a dedicated theater.

Gear:
AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP E55ti towers, EMP E56ci center, EMP E55wi bipole surround speakers, SVS Prime Satellites (rear surrounds)
Sub: SVS PC12-Plus. I've got plans on adding a second SVS, not sure if it will be a Plus or an Ultra.
Display: BenQ w1070 projector on a 92 inch Elite Screen
Misc: Sony BDP 6200, Sony Playstation 4, Apple TV, Roku, and a Harmony remote to bring it all together.

In a handful of those pictures you see the KLH surrounds in the back. Those were placeholder speakers that have since been swapped out for the SVS Prime Satellites, which are some surprisingly great little speakers. I know it isn't jaw dropping or impressive compared to most people's theaters on this site, but I promise it delivers a very fun theater experience!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I really debated if I wanted to post in this thread considering how awesome everybody's theaters look in comparison to mine. However, I figure there are a few people out there in the same place I am, so hopefully this encourages some of you to go ahead and build a theater.

95% of the entertainment for 10% of the effort or expense.
Absolutely nothing wrong with a setup like yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
very nice room, turned out good.

what size is the room?
Hi,

The room is 11.5 feet wide, 27 feet long with 9 foot ceilings. When the house was built it was two rooms. One was the "media room" and the other
room was a bedroom. I told the builder to knock down the wall in between the rooms before we moved into the house since I had bigger plans for the room.

1121 - 1140 of 2127 Posts