AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. Here are a few that will go in my HT. This is the start of my HT room.

My lifesize Vader.

Knight and a Admiral Ackbar head. I am going to sell the Knight. I was going to do a small A Knight's Tale display in one corner but I am scraping that idea.

Darth Maul bust and others that I have to finish painting. Stormtrooper helmet.

and my Chewbacca I am working on.

Stormtrooper E-11 that I built.

Models that I built and painted.

It will mainly be a Star Wars themed HT but I will have smaller displays. Jurassic Park,Titanic,Jaws and some TV shows stuff. The Wife didn't want all Star Wars. So she gets a Titanic display and a Greys Anatomy display.

·
Registered
528 Posts
You have a very impressive eye for detail in both the building and painting of your props. Kudos!

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/18167676

WOW-killer stuff....

Can you tell me about the Darth Maul bust? Is that a Mask or statue/bust? I take it it's something you've made yourself??? I am totaly floored

Ron

I agree with rboster!!!

This is the fist time I have ever seen Star Wars bust before...

" Great Job"!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.I buy the resin busts on-line and then paint them and add glass eyes. The Darth Maul is a foam filled bust. There are some awesome sculptors out there. You can pretty much find any movie character in a resin bust that you can paint yourself. You just have to look around and wait for a really good deal.

Darth Vader and Chewbacca were made by me. I still have to finish the mask for Chewbacca. I use these also for costuming and troops for charity events.

·
Premium Member
26,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmoonstudio /forum/post/18168411

Thanks.I buy the resin busts on-line and then paint them and add glass eyes. The Darth Maul is a foam filled bust. There are some awesome sculptors out there. You can pretty much find any movie character in a resin bust that you can paint yourself. You just have to look around and wait for a really good deal.

Darth Vader and Chewbacca were made by me. I still have to finish the mask for Chewbacca. I use these also for costuming and troops for charity events.

Where did you get the glass eyes for the Darth Maul? I have a latex mask that I use in combination with a fan produced darth maul costume. I would love to apply the glass eyes to the mask for a more effective look.

Ron

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Colton. That is AWESOME!!!
One day after I get my HT done I plan on doing a Spidey climbing on the wall or ceiling. I love the newer costumes from the Spiderman movies but they are a little to pricey for me. I plan on buying a lycra suit off e-bay and doing an old school Spidey. More of a comic version.

I have seen alot of Spidey displays but I have to say yours is the best out there.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
didyou make this stuff or buy it I want these things badly

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks, forestmoonstudio. I want to add some spidey-web shooting from his wrists to attach to the opposite wall that people will walk under.

elmalloc: I bought my life-size Spiderman at a garage sale for $50. They were from a limited edition sold by Blockbuster and sell around $1000 on ebay.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
its LIFE SIZE?

How big is that room?

I have a vaulted room that would be an awesome idea to have spiderman hanging in the corner.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I make alot of the stuff and alot of it is bought and pieced together. The Vader is 75% hand made. The face mask and helmet are a cheap Rubies helmet that I totally redid and painted. The chest armor was bought but I had to paint and the shin guards were bought and I had to paint also. Everything else I made.

The Chewbacca is all hand made by me.

The Stormtrooper E-11 blaster has over 100 pieces that I hand made and put together.

If you want to learn how to do alot of props yourself go to this site and sign up. www.therpf.com

They have a great paper prop section that you can print out paper props from TV and movies.

I printed out the picture of Rose from Titanic. The sketch that Jack did of her. Then I bought a replica 1914 newspaper with the Titanic sinking headline. My wife has a cheap Heart of the Ocean necklace and I printed a couple of pics of the ship. I will put all of these in a shadow box frame.

With all that. You have a great HT display for very little money invested.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
can i buy that xwing or something off of you in case i ca'nt figure this stuff out

·
Registered
5,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton /forum/post/18172091

Thanks, forestmoonstudio. I want to add some spidey-web shooting from his wrists to attach to the opposite wall that people will walk under.

elmalloc: I bought my life-size Spiderman at a garage sale for $50. They were from a limited edition sold by Blockbuster and sell around $1000 on ebay.

I see one on ebay and he wants $1200, but seemingly accepts offers.

How does $500 sound?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
But the man above got it for only 50! Why can't we all be so lucky in life!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
OK I found a beat up one on craigslist I'm making an offer for. The webbing appears to be broken in several places...seems like the quality isn't "$1000", probably just because a limited amount were created for blockbuster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I made a Waldorf & Statler balcony for my movie room. You'll notice on the wall next to the movie shelf is a button that when pushed, makes the Muppets talk. They have around 20 sayings... for sound I used

http://www.bcsideas.com/yourbell.php

to make the sound. The Muppets I used were from a German company called Igel... they were a little hard to find. Start here

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_plush_%28Igel%29

to get some information. I searched forums and found a guy with a an extra set that was just sitting collecting dust. So, I put them to good use.

http://

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmoonstudio /forum/post/18168411

First of all your work is awesome. I do believe you could easily make a living selling props like that (not sure what the profit margin would be, I'm sure the labor is intensive)
. First rate!

As rboster previously asked I would like to know where you get the eyes. I have a couple of busts that would be complete if I could find the right eyes for them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts