AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1093 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Loving this thread!! People have beautiful setups.

Here's mine:

I have some things in here that are rarely used anymore..the PS3 was mostly used as a blu-ray player, so that is hardly used used now and the Toshiba HD-DVD is not used at all. I'm just dreaming of the day I can get rid of my FiOS HD-DVR and just use my wonderful machine for everything. Some day!!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Damnit, this thread will just cost me money. There are too many things it's going to make me want like those red leather couches.

Troy

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickastaldo /forum/post/12105667

Weird, I think you have the same house as I do! That wall can actually support the weight of the television? It can't be a plasma, those things are heavy!

Yeah it is plasma. I actually had to remove all that trim, take the drywall down and add studs to the wall to get it to work. It is very strong now. Really the TV only weighs like 100lbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcCinema /forum/post/12106965

Damnit, this thread will just cost me money. There are too many things it's going to make me want like those red leather couches.

Troy

I know those couches look so comfortable. Would love to have them in black. Check out Storme's PC Case. Very nice!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Audio:

HarmonKardon AVR240 > Spdif 7.1 config: 4ohm

Main L,R = RW-500

Center = RW-120

Surround = 4x Miken Audio

Sunfire LowEnd amplifier ; 2,700 watt: 2ohm

Subwoofer west = DIY Swan HiVi 10" & 2lb 10" Passive rad.

Subwoofer east = DIY TCsound2K DualVC & 2x 2.5lb Passive rad's

HTPC:

Silverstone LC14 Case, 4 Line VFD

CPU = Intel Q6600 Quad Core *LiquidCooled*

MotherBoard = Asus P5W-DigitalHome *LiquidCooled*

Mem = 2 Gb 1066mhz DDR2 *LiquidCooled*

HardDrive = 1.6 Terabytes,HDTV Video,Vista x64

Video = HD 3870X2 *LiquidCooled*,

Monitot = AKAI 42"PDP (Samsung) DVI-D > 480,720,1080i

Live Media = PCI DVB-Satellite,PCI ATSC-OTA,HD-DVD

Audio = SPDIF to AVR240

not sure how to upload image within post?

·
Registered
823 Posts
You can see a bunch of pictures of my old setup if you click the link in my signature. When I get home from work, I'll post some updated pics. Hope yall enjoy.

·
Registered
536 Posts

Polypro:
... how'd you do the vertical HDD mounting?

I've got both fans blowing out (hence the ducting), with passive-only intake from the back and through the grille above the CPU cooler, a Scythe Andy Samurai Master. I tried the Mini Tower, like Polypro, but Andy beat it by a good 5C presumably because of the vertical vs horizontal fans in combination with the airflow direction.

When overclocking (very occasionally), I place an ingoing fan on top of the top grille. It's controlled by Speedfan to only start up if either core of an e4400 hits 55C, which only ever happens at more than 75% load on a 60% overclock (2GHz -> 3.21GHz).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just got HTPC hooked up yesterday. Firing up Ratatouile on the LG combo drive and hearing 5.1 LCPM on the surround system was downright orgasmic. My HTPC is also for gaming on the big screen as I do not have an Xbox or Playstation.

Here are the specs:

Case OrigenAE X11

Motherboards Asus P5W DH

CPU E6600 at 3.4Ghz

3G Corsair Dominator PC800 RAM

Scythe Andy Samurai cooler

EVGA 8800 GTS stock cooler

Optical Drive LG HD-DVD/Blue-ray combo drive

OS Vista Ultimate

Sound Card Azuzentech X-Meridian

Boot drive WD 320G

Storage WD 500G x 2 in Raid 0

PSU Seasonic S12 650W

I made a couple of modifications since heat is a big concern inside the media cabinet. I drilled a hole in the top for the Scythe air cooler fan as well as adding another 120mm fan on the right side to pull air in. In addition I mounted a 92mm Nexus fan blowing towards the back over the sound card and pulling air from the fan blowing up from below the hard drives. The computer is just barely audible when the room is totally silent from the couch, and inaudible as soon as the TV fan kicks in (which is WAY too loud.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
AV setup

TV 61" JVC D-ILA rear projector HD61FH97

Receiver Denon 4802

DVD-A/SACD universal player Marantz VC6001

TIVO series 3 DVR

Speakers Anthony Gallo Reference 3 L/R plus Refernce SA amplifier, AV Reference Center , A'Diva Ti x 3 for surrounds (6.1 configuration)

·
Registered
449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneV /forum/post/12181983

Polypro:
... how'd you do the vertical HDD mounting?

I put a hard drive bolt with a washer through the vents that are in the case floor. There's only one per drive, but it works fine.

P

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ventilation seems adequate so far. Even when under full load stress testing with Orthos my CPU temps are maxing at 55 C. GPU temps are 65-70. I ran most of the cables under the MB and optical drive so air flow is unimpeded. Its hard to tell in the picture but I removed the backing on the media cabinet so the rear is completely open (its about 8 inches from the back wall.) I'll probably replace it with stereo grill covering at some point. My only concern is summertime since we don't have air conditioning (like everyone else in Seattle) and it occasionally will get in the 90's in the house.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Only issue I'm having is the driver not responding crash with the 8500GT card. Workaround right now is that it auto reboots itself and launches VMC so often times we don't even realize it crashed.

21 - 40 of 1093 Posts