AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting a friend in Ft Myers who's still using a 455-line Sharp LCD projector from 1993 (on its first bulb no less!) and he's very interested in a new projector since the prices have fallen so much (and since his Sharp recently sold on eBay for over $400.) He'd like to see some of the new DLP and LCD projectors. A search turned up no previous threads on the forums so I must post to ask: are there any projector showrooms within a couple of hours of Ft Myers, preferably between Ft Myers and Tampa (we're commuting to Tampa every few days.)

(I know that a couple of the usual mail-order sources are in FL, but I haven't found anything like RitzAV or Adtech by searching online or reading this forum.)

~ Kiran

·
Registered
510 Posts
There is a place on Henderson in Tampa called AV South that supposedly is a big Sony Dealer. Try avsouth.com for their website.

You might also try superpages.com. Put in Home Theater and list Tampa as the city. Seems like there is at least one other showroom.

Keep in mind, most of wht you see in a showroom will not be the items we are talking about in this forum (with the exception of the HS20). Seems like the Z2's etc. are only available via internet in our part of the world.

Oh, almost forgot. You can call some of the Sound Advice stores around the West Coast of FL-some of them have PJ setups, but they are all Yamaha LCDs last time I looked. 5K and above.

Try the forums at TampaHDTV.com-losts of those guys used to spend more time on this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.