AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This AM, I noticed that my channel guide was blank. There was a message saying that Replay was unable to connect to the server the previous night. I tried a 243-zones force net connect, and it was unable to connect. It seemed that the dial-up number had changed. I went back to setup and selected a new local number. I then did a force net connect again. This time, it connected, and got to "downloading channel guide" information, after a few minutes it disconnected but still no channel guide data. I tried the "clear channel guide" option on the 243-zones menu, which involved a reboot. Sure enough, the channels disappeared. I then tried a force net-connect. This time, it got through searching for new channels, and began "downloading channel guide" information. Again, after a few minutes, it terminated (not sure if it said anything, I was out of the room). Now, the channels are all there again, but there is no guide data.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been struggling with my 3060 for over a week on trying various things to get the modem to make a 'clean' connection. Dropped the rate to 33.6 and BINGO!

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou !!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dropping the modem speed did the trick for me too.

It seems odd that it worked for a year at 56K, but I won't complain as long as it keeps working now at 33.6.

Thanks very much !

Thanks also to Ben Fuller for providing this fix to everyone !

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Glad to help. Justben did a great service to us all when he created this panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.