AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had electrical work done in the house yesterday, and the power went down and up several times. When all was done, I am seeing the following on my Showstopper:

- All shows recorded are gone - Unit shows all 30 hours available.

- All "Replay Channels" (that is, shows I want to record) are GONE from the listing.

HOWEVER... when I tell it, for example, to record ER tonight, guaranteed, it says "I can't record that because it conflicts with an earlier setting to record ER". So, it's as if it THINKS it's already set to record ER, but my replay guide shows NO programs set up to record.

Is there some way I can force the machine to fully reset itself and clear up this problem? It's done it's nightly dial-in since then (last night), and still has the problem this morning.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I recommend a small UPS. I added one ahead of my Showstopper when it had a minor brain hemorrhage ( less severe than yours ) due to several intermittent power glitches.

Fry's Electronics had a 500 VA UPS for $10 after rebate a few months ago. That was the week I needed it. I got the rebate too. :D

Bye. :cool:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
The ultimate replay fix it without taking the unit apart is 7-7-7 zones and choose "Restore factory defaults". This option deletes all recorded shows, channel guide and also requires you to run setup all over again. Should take care of recording error.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Would adding a show, then deleting it work? (one that wouldn't conflict with anything). This might bring back all the shows to be recorded.

I *thought* I read something similar and that may have been what was done. Well.. it can't hurt to try anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.