AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this was covered before I couldn't find it.

I did a manual record, repeating everyday at the same time. I told it to keep 2 and guaranteed.

The sports tournament I was recording everyday ended and I wanted to stop recording everyday and preserve the last episode of the tournament. I tired everthing I could think of to do that but there is no "preserve this show" or "record all episodes - NO" availabe, nor could I find any way to make it stop recording the next timeslot and recording over the last day of the tourmnament. Since I was keeping 2 episodes I kept erasing the new records but I finally forgot and it recorded over the final day of the tournament! :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
2 basic ideas:

1) Loop the output of the Replay to one of the inputs, play the show and re-record the show as a single (one-time) recording.

2) Change the recording days so it only records one day a week (unfortunately, you can't turn off every day), then you only need to do this once a week till you watch the show.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ace987-

Thanks for the advice. Number 2 I figured out AFTER it was already recorded over and I was angrily searching for a way to stop the recordings. Number 1 I had heard about before but I didn't think about using for this. I figured there HAD to be a way to tell it to stop in the menu. Obviously, I was wrong. I just can't understand why they couldn't have added "preserve" to this menu. Sigh..... You would think with 4 ShowStoppers and 420 hours of space I would have run into this before.

-Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.