AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the OEM remote is similar to the '1994' remote. I need to reprogram the TV Power buton to the 'blue' Hard Disk button. That way I can turn off the TV without having to switch device buttons. I've searched the JP-1 files but can't find key switching info. for the Hard Disk buttion, only the other three device keys.

Thanks...Don P.S. The TV is a Prism with code 0051

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I think key moving function works for the HDR button in the same way as it does for the other device buttons (I use the 15-1994 rather than the replay remote so I've never tried it). Anyway, you can check the "Manuals" section of www.hifi-remote.com (go to the OEM section and you'll find a manual for the original Replay remote) and it will spell out how the key mover 'cut and past' function works for that specific remote.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Here's the link to Rob's Replay manual: http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/manua...l?Replay#Table of Contents

Seems like you can't use the usual key-mover function to move functions onto device keys. Note that you can do this if you build a jp1 interface cable and re-program the remote (and of course you can also do this if you get another learning remote like the rs 15-1994 or its successor). See www-hifi-remote.com for more information.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If you do this key move you will not be able to turn on or off the showstopper with the power button in Hard disk recorder mode.

You could move the showstopper on/off button function to another button in any other device mode such as "TV" device "power" button or "Hard disk recorder" device "TV/VCR" button.

All you do is use key move.

1- press "TV" button once

2- press code set until LED blinks twice

3- press 994 (LED should blink twice)

4- press "Power" once

5- press "Hard disk recorder" once

6- press "Power" once (the LED should blink twice meaning the code was accepted)

You now have "TV" on/off control while in "Hard disk recorder" device mode

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MikeyBoy:

RIGHT ON!!! Perfect. Just what I was looking for. You guys are great.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
If you do this key move you will not be able to turn on or off the showstopper with the power button in Hard disk recorder mode.
True, but there is a workaround. Each button has two "levels", the normal level and the shifted level. If you overlay the Replay POWER button with the code for the TV's power function, you can still turn your Replay unit on and off using the shifted level.

To do this hit the SETUP button (labelled CODE SET on the Replay remotes) before hittin the button in question.

Also, just FYI, the key mover function is active in all the modes, including the Replay/Hard Disk Recorder modes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.