AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My showstopper has been stuttering for a few days now and I was ready to replace the hard drive but a new wrinkle has cropped up. I just turned it on and the replay remote was froze. The screen had the "The practice will begin recording in ? second" message. and a frozen screen image. I rebooted by holding in the power button and my remote worked and I could watch TV live but all my recorded shows were gone. All my scheduled records were also gone. My replay guide was entirely blank. I tried to set up a guaranteed recording of something previously set up and got the conflict message. So somewhere it knew what was scheduled, but it didn't display it in the replay guide. And I had no red circles either (actually red hearts. thanks modesto girl)

My question - Is the data loss also consistent with the hard drive failing? I Know the stuttering is, but I don't want to spring for the hard drive if my problem is elsewhere.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Most likely a new hard drive will fix it all.

You could also do a 777 zones "restore factory default" it will get rid of the conflict message. Who knows perhaps it will run OK afterwards. If stutter returns, replace the drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.