AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showtime listings for December are up - and relatively early this time compared to the November listings.

I know that many of these movies have aired before, but this is the first month with enough good HD movies to convince me to order Showtime.

Here are the movies that caught my eye:

November 30:

Tea with Mussolini

December:

The World is Not Enough

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Mission: Impossible 2

Wonder Boys

Stigmata

Sleepy Hollow

The Ninth Gate

Black Mask

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fjerina
Most of these movies are repeats from the previous months. Same-old, same-old. Why can't Showtime premiere more movies in HD on a monthly basis?

The reasons have been extensively discussed and debated in numerous recent threads. You might want to do a search and go through those threads rather than rehashing what has already been thoroughly discussed.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by foundation
Can anybody comment on the transfer quality of the other movies? Wonder boys? World is not enough?
In general, Showtime's HD transfers are excellent and better than HBO's (especially when comparing 2.35 ratio movies). I believe Wonder Boys is a new movie for Showtime. "The World Is Not Enough" was of excellent quality.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Also that list does not include some of the excellent upconverts showtime does. There might be some premieres in that list too. Some of the (if not most) are as good as some HD tranfers on HBO. The list would be much longer if you included those.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79
Also that list does not include some of the excellent upconverts showtime does. There might be some premieres in that list too. Some of the (if not most) are as good as some HD tranfers on HBO. The list would be much longer if you included those.
Yes, indeed. Even though Showtime doesn't have as many HD/widescreen movies as HBO, I'm more than happy to have Showtime. The quality is so good that it's more than worth it. Tonight, Men of Honor is on HBO at the same time as "Wonder Boys" is on Showtime. I'll watch Showtime's movie over HBO's butchered Men of Honor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.