Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.guidetohometheater.com/shownews.cgi?1285

Quote:
May 6, 2002 — Showtime Networks must be on an HDTV roll. On the heels of its recent announcement about adding its high definition offerings to the DirecTV service, the premium channel broadcaster announced more HDTV programming this week, along with an audio upgrade.

Showtime, which began adding Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound to its HDTV signals in 2000, says it has now brought the audio technology to every one of its standard definition and HDTV channels throughout all time zones. The result is 32 Dolby Digital 5.1 enabled channels, which the company boasts is triple the number of Dolby Digital 5.1 enabled channels of all other premium networks combined.
My SAT-C is on the way !!!!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Me neither. Actually the only reason I might think it's possible is not because of the announcement of one new series in HD, but that DirecTv finally signed on to carry the channel after 2 years. Maybe they actually did get some kind of "commitment" from Showtime that the HD channel would start to roll out more HD programming in the second half of '02 and beyond. Otherwise, if D* waited this long to deem the channel truly worth carrying, even though to the end viewer nothing has yet changed, why not wait longer yet? Cause they needed to put something on 110 or lose the licenses? Nah, the could have thrown something up there for awhile even if it was something nobody would really care about. Or cause maybe after the influx of new HD subs due to the launch of HDNet, D* simply felt more obligated to increase their HD lineup finally? Perhaps I suppose.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DP1
Or cause maybe after the influx of new HD subs due to the launch of HDNet, D* simply felt more obligated to increase their HD lineup finally? Perhaps I suppose.
After DirectTV got indirect cudos for being the most common way that

HDTV was demoed in shows (including the cable operators convention),

they were probally:

A. Shocked to find out that they led the way in HDTV.

B. Shocked to find out that they had any significant HDTV viewership.

My guess is that DirectTV wants to be known as an HDTV leader.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by S. A. Moore

My guess is that DirectTV wants to be known as an HDTV leader.
They are in my book. Don't flame just my opinion.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.