Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Rented and watched Shrek and Angel Eyes last night.

Shrek, 1.78:1 anamorphic (or 4:3 on disc 1) from DreamWork with DD5.1 and DTS. Excellent picture and sound! Great music, great songs! And the story is funny as hell! GREAT!

Angel Eyes, 1.78:1 anamorphic and DD5.1 from Warner. Excellent picture and sound. Image is VERY film-like. The story is a bit

lacking but Jennifer Lopez looks great! Lovely! :)

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Quote:
Rented and watched Shrek
Dammit I hate you. ;) Anyways, it's on order and it should arrive Nov. 1.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Kenny, dont forget, Li On lives in Hong Kong where anything is possible (almost).

Li On,

I should be recieving Shrek tommorow (I get mine a little early also sometimes). I saw this in the local Cinema with my kids, great movie.

Regards

Eric

·
Registered
733 Posts
I thought Angel Eyes looked great, but! Check out the end of Chapter 3, I think. This is where "Catch" is in the hallway of the apartment building and stops to talk to the woman and boy. Take a look at the door - this is a dark scene and the door (right side of screen) has a a dark blue bar running down it. I checked this out on my RPTV afterwards and its there on both my projector and CRT RPTV. This was basically my only complaint. The image was very crisp (the uniforms looked great!) and colours were well saturated.

Could someone tell me when Chicago imported Toronto's skyline - when was the CN Tower sold and for how much? ;) For those who aren't familiar with Toronto's skyline check out Driven (the Toronto race scene and then check out the beginning of Angel Eyes).

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Grant Smyth
Could someone tell me when Chicago imported Toronto's skyline - when was the CN Tower sold and for how much? ;) For those who aren't familiar with Toronto's skyline check out Driven (the Toronto race scene and then check out the beginning of Angel Eyes).
It's tectonic movement. The Madrid fault finally shifted and most of Ontario is now occupying the former location of Lake Michigan, and Toronto is now the northern part of Chicago. Didn't you hear? It was on the news.

Seriously, I hope that Angel Eyes gets the audience it deserves to find. The studio had no idea how to sell it, and the commercials made it look like something far from what it was. So the people who would have enjoyed it stayed away.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I rented "Angel Eyes" yesterday after reading this thread. I have to say I liked the movie. Good story about damaged lives and the possibility that love can heal. The transfer was excellent, and Jennifer sure looked lovely in it. In fact, she looked better here than in any of her previous movies, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vruiz
I rented "Angel Eyes" yesterday after reading this thread. I have to say I liked the movie. Good story about damaged lives and the possibility that love can heal. The transfer was excellent, and Jennifer sure looked lovely in it. In fact, she looked better here than in any of her previous movies, IMHO.
I'm glad you liked it, but...have you seen "Out Of Sight"? Great, great film and she was so amazingly sexy in that.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Yeah, I've seen "Out of Sight". I dunno, I liked her look in "Angel Eyes" better. I thought the blondish hair went pretty well with her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.