AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Shuttle SN41G2 mini computer, Audio Authority 9A60 VGA to Component adapter, Powerstrip, and a Toshiba 4/3 HDTV.

All I want to do is show the desktop on the HDTV for the Internet and trying some games, no DVD playback required. As the desktop and tv are both 4/3 I thought it would be easy.

I have not got as far as connecting the tv as I cannot get an interlaced resolution to work. The graphics adapter is an Nvidia Geoforce MX 440 on the motherboard. Powerstrip beta 3.31 build 383 was recommended for better HDTV timings.

I have tried the default HDTV timings within powerstrip, and those from Wayne Harrelson’s custom timings at digitalconection.com. On all occasions, I get a screen with the left and right edges joined in the middle of the screen. Some other Shuttle users have mistaken this for two desktops.

It does display progressive, such as 720/540p ok, but I want 1440/1080i. The computer monitor is a LG Studioworks 995e and is unlikely to be the problem. But I am afraid to connect up the Toshiba to find out in case I damage it. The Toshiba 36HFX71 can compress, letterbox, or fill the screen with a 1080i signal, so I have freedom on that end.

I cannot play with the interlaced settings as the screen is to bad and I have not the knowledge of powerstrip to do so. I wonder if a timing problem in the powerstrip files I am using could cause the screen to split and join at the ends. Has anyone had success with this Nvidia adapter in interlaced?

Many people are buying the Shuttle just for this purpose. I appreciate any help I can get.

Andrew

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.