AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to install the sub into my completed cabinet and lost my grip on the driver. It ended up colliding with the cabinet on its binding posts, breaking them off on one side. Does anyone know where I can get some replacements? Parts express doesn't appear to have the kind it uses.

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I may be incredibly clumsy but sometimes I think I'm pretty clever... I moved the good (-) post to the (-) on the other side, and found some screws and nuts that would work with the insulators in the vacant holes. I just used some 12g wire with loop connectors on the screws to wire the coils in series. And it works!

I might still get replacements...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Well I may be incredibly clumsy but sometimes I think I'm pretty clever... I moved the good (-) post to the (-) on the other side, and found some screws and nuts that would work with the insulators in the vacant holes. I just used some 12g wire with loop connectors on the screws to wire the coils in series. And it works!

I might still get replacements...
Good to hear. Thankfully you were mindfull enough to insulate the posts. If not sparks and shorts between electricity are not a good thing inside an enclosure, haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts