AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup pales in comparison to some of yours but it works for where I am and being space limited its pretty overkill. Plus when i do get a larger space everything will just end up sounding better. Decided to go the DIY route as i felt it yielded better results per $ spent, and i like building stuff. The flat packs from DIYSoundGroup made things super simple. My build thread is linked in my signature. Decided to DIY my own stand as well as i could not find anything commercially available that would fit what i wanted. Everything turned out great IMO. Speakers are amazing and I'm really happy with how the stand came out. I still need to build a center. Just not sure which yet.

I'm also going to start looking into a miniDSP and some treatments

Video:

Panasonic 50in G20 Plasma - Will get upgraded to a 60 this year

Playstation 3

TWC Samsung HD Cable Box

Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop

Xbox 360

Audio Components:

Yamaha RX-A3000

Emotiva XPA-3

Behringer EP4000

Panamax M5300-PM - Coming

Speakers

Mains:

DIY - SEOS Fusion-12 Tempests -

Rears:

DIY - SEOS Fusion-10 Max -

Subs:

2x DIY Dayton - RSS460HO-4 18" each in a 4 CUFT box

DIY Entertainment Stand

This is what it looked like before I started

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You have a cool set up.. The DIY speakers look great. I have the same amp. Thanks for sharing. JT

·
Registered
510 Posts
That is some transformation, those subs must really fill your space with thunderous power
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibuna  /t/1465355/sibunas-oddly-shaped-diy-setup#post_23457386

got my new LED strip bias light installed. much better than the desk lamp i was using

Which lights are those?

Where do you have them mounted?

I bought some strip lights but they don't seem to be bright enough for what I am looking for.

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
Just now seeing this, looks great man love the new lighting.

As you may remember I've heard your speakers and subs before (mrsmithers build) - congrats on a kick arse setup both sound fantastic.

Looking at the picks I was thinking.... if I was watching a horror movie in that room I think the shadows from the odd shaped ceiling would freak the **** out of me. But then I remembered in my old age I don't really watch horror movies anymore.

Speaking of those angles, do you think they help smooth the frequency response?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
in theroy they should however i think because the room is so smallthe reflections bay be doing more harm than good. Ill get around to testing someacoustic panels at some point see if it helps. TBH nothing really sounds bad, so im slightly unmotivated currently. I do have a nice house resonance at like 200hz which is pretty comical when it shows up

I did pick up a miniDSP, excited to play with it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts