AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My (disk-enhanced long ago) 5040 has been acting up, and I wonder if a mobo problem is at fault. Symptoms: while playing replay shows, video starts to "tear" like the horizontal hold (showing my age aren't I) was misadjusted. Not the TV's fault though, and it's not on the recording as when d/l from the rtv via dva the show plays fine (on a PC). Now I am also not getting the program guide on this RTV, although the other rtv in the house, plugged into the same router, works fine and nothing has been done to the network lately. When I manually force a connection the show guide appears to be downloading, except at an excrutiating slow pace - I literally fall asleep waiting for it to finish (so I've not see it finish, or been awake when it goes past 50%).

I can reimage but this really doesn't sound like a software problem, does it? Anything I should do to test further? Done the soft and hard reboots a few times, to no benefit.

Thanks (and I may be in touch for a mobo Mikeyboy, would it still be a 50xx if I did?)...

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rf75
My (disk-enhanced long ago) 5040 has been acting up, and I wonder if a mobo problem is at fault. Symptoms: while playing replay shows, video starts to "tear" like the horizontal hold (showing my age aren't I) was misadjusted. Not the TV's fault though, and it's not on the recording as when d/l from the rtv via dva the show plays fine (on a PC). Now I am also not getting the program guide on this RTV, although the other rtv in the house, plugged into the same router, works fine and nothing has been done to the network lately. When I manually force a connection the show guide appears to be downloading, except at an excrutiating slow pace - I literally fall asleep waiting for it to finish (so I've not see it finish, or been awake when it goes past 50%).

I can reimage but this really doesn't sound like a software problem, does it? Anything I should do to test further? Done the soft and hard reboots a few times, to no benefit.

Thanks (and I may be in touch for a mobo Mikeyboy, would it still be a 50xx if I did?)...
After replacing the motherboard, the unit will retain its serial number and activation.

As for the problems, deleting the channel guide through 243 zones may correct the download problem. The video isssue may be power, hard drive or motherboard related. I would take the hard drive and power supply to motherboard power lead from your good recorder and install it in the sick one. If the recorder still acts up, the motherboard should be defective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.