AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick and tired of all these great drivers stuck in boxes, hidden from the world. Anyone interested in mounting the drivers on the outside and running the phase reversed. i know the car guys do it all the time, do you see a compromise in this method. The box could be stiffer with the bracing and motor structure not interfering with each other...... i just think the motor structure is sexier

KG

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
For subs? One possible disadvantage: motor noise. Not an issue on some of the best drivers (Aurasound, etc.) but on others it is.

For midbasses and up, the basket and motor structure will cause diffraction.

·
Registered
758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran  /t/1468089/sick-of-hiding-drivers#post_23199177

I'm sick and tired of all these great drivers stuck in boxes, hidden from the world. Anyone interested in mounting the drivers on the outside and running the phase reversed. i know the car guys do it all the time, do you see a compromise in this method. The box could be stiffer with the bracing and motor structure not interfering with each other...... i just think the motor structure is sexier

KG

You should run a dual-opposed push/pull sub, that would be fun.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
PDR, I love the look of the open baffle subs in your Super V's! Painting the bottom of the driver really helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts