AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, the last straw. I'm so sick of "Please wait. Improving picture" I could scream. My son just made me take down the screen so he could watch shows on our 27" TV. I look at a lot of PJs, and this is the worst for stability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, it appears that I am not the only one having problems with the LP350. Do you know if there is anything we can do about it? What I did in the mean time was change the infocus menu screen from BLUE to BLACK, and disabled messages, so when it "Pefects" the image, all that happens is that the screen blanks for a second, and then the image comes back. With the blue screen and the messages, it is so annoying that you almost don't even want to watch anything on it. This is unacceptable. Any ideas?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys. I jumped of the LP340 ship in September and got on the LT150 bandwagon. At first, it was a bit difficult adjusting to the lower lumen level, but the contrast, black level, and accurrate colors made up for it. Not to mention the uneasy feeling I get everytime I turned the LP340 on for fear of a costly bulb blow out. Every projector has its drawbacks, but I am definitely more satisfied with the LT150's stability (performance and lack of bulb blowout reports) then my old LP340.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I think the LP350 is victim of it's own success. They have sold a lot of projectors and there are some lemons out there. When the projector came out it was revolutionary. A reasonably price machine that you could just hook up to your DVD player without the hassle of external processing.

I LOVE my LP350. It's got it's faults but it has the best signal processing ever put in a projector. The Sharp 9000 is a nice machine but I saw it playing Toy Story in Magnolia HiFi the other day and I think my machine looks better! The Sharp had flat colors and a fuzzy look to the image.

I am baffled my the "perfecting image" complaints. The only time I see that is when I turn it on or when I switch from DVD to TV. Big deal.

Having that in mind, I bought the projector in 2000 when it was the best thing out there. If I was buying one this year I would get a LT150. Next year, I'm sure there will be something with an even better price performance out next year. If you hate your projector I don't think it would be difficult to resell and get a lot of your money back...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
As a former LP350 owner I have nothing but fond memories of my machine. I never had any problems with the perfecting the image sequence unless there was a weak connection. With a good connection it would always synch up very quickly. I would suggest that if you are sure that all your cables and connections are solid that this is a warranty service issue for InFocus to resolve.

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am also baffled by all of this LP340/350 trouble. Maybe I've been lucky, but in 7 months of use my LP340 hasn't had any trouble at all with synching, bulbs, light level, counters or any other issue that seems to plague these machines...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well, I was quite unlucky with my LP350's (note the plural).

The first one had crappy optics, couldnt focus the whole image at the same time.

The next two had the lamp reset problem. I decided to keep the second, as i could live with only the lamp resetting. However, it just gave a feeling of poor product quality.

I will say that the tech support was outstanding, never gave me a problem, always willing to go that extra step. Their only saving grace, IMHO.

Thankfully, purchased at studioexperience and was able to trade in for an 13hd.

Much happier now....

maynard

·
Registered
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Maynard
Well, I was quite unlucky with my LP350's (note the plural).

The first one had crappy optics, couldnt focus the whole image at the same time.

The next two had the lamp reset problem. I decided to keep the second, as i could live with only the lamp resetting. However, it just gave a feeling of poor product quality.

I will say that the tech support was outstanding, never gave me a problem, always willing to go that extra step. Their only saving grace, IMHO.

Thankfully, purchased at studioexperience and was able to trade in for an 13hd.

Maynard, as a 350 owner today for 8 months who has been relatively very pleased, could you please offer all of us a comparison of your 350 to the 13HD? How is the 13HD better, is it brighter, colors any better, pixelization better etc. I have been considering the 13HD but as I've said I have no real compliants on my 350. Would you mind telling me the difference you had to pay to trade up and I am assuming the $ difference made you feel it was worth it? Did you suffer many problems with your 350?

Thank you very much for helping me on this decision you've made!

Dave

Much happier now....

maynard

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dave,

A couple of thoughts re: the 13hd vs lp350.

I am using it for mostly HD as well as HTPC. I am driving it at 1360x768.

I required several inputs... (I am using 5bnc, component and RGB on the 13hd)

I wanted a big screen (i am running about 114in diag).

I was sick of the quality issues that I had with the lp350.

I had some issues with synching. Not all the time, but it was really annoying when i was watching a movie or something with a group of people and the proj would go to the "perfecting image" screen...

I paid the difference between the lp350 and the 13hd. They applied my purchase price on the lp350 to the 13hd.

I was irritated with the boarder around the screen, as well as the light spillage (I had a corrected version, but still had light everywhere... didnt want to deal with putting up an assembly around the 350 to block the excess light spillage...

The 13hd has a more obvious screen door (its an LCD of course) but from my sitting position I dont notice it (i have very good vision)

I dont notice a huge amount of difference in brightness, but i think that contrast is better on the 13hd. Better shadow detail.

I also like the fact that it is entirely controllable via remote. I have it ceiling mounted and hated reaching up to adjust the focus and power on the 350. (Lens shift is cool, but i use it infrequently)

I figured I had already invested a fair amount, and the additional expense would be worth it.

Hope this helps...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.