AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go to a bipole or dipole surround and mount them on the side walls of my HT room. I've got a 5.1 system with B&W 602s for fronts powered by a Outlaw 1050.

I'd really like to stay in the $350 range because these speakers will be a bridge the gap solution. I plan to upgrade just about everything next summer. One speaker I have been considering is the Polk FXi50 . I found a pair of these new on the net for $350.00.

Any other speaker recommendations or comments regarding dipole v. bipole for side wall placement. I'm hoping to find something that will mate well with the B&Ws. I'd always though you should use dipoles for side walls, but I've read that some people prefer to use bipolar speakers.

Thanks,

JR

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, I have a possible line on a pair of used Definitive Technology BPXs. I'd be curious if anyone is using these as on side walls, and how they might sound with the 602s.

JR

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi JR;

B&W made a dipole that went with the 600 series called the DS-6, it would work well. If you can find them it would be your best choice. I had them and it was a great system. I think that dipoles will give you a more versatile sound field. More listening postions will get less directional que's from the sound track.

That said it was a tough choice to go with dipoles rather than five identical direct radiators.

Good luck

Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.