AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to work well, let me know what you all think? I know it's not a HTPC core, but is seems to interface well to a homebuilt server with WHS....

Thanks!

Andy

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I am grabbing it from usenet right now.

Curious to see if the TV pack will support the OTA VBOX tuners that are currently in my Sage box. I saw that the beta's TV pack appeared to support drivers for the DirectTV HD tuner thing that has been nothing but Vaporware so far. If that comes to be, it might actually give Sage the boot in my house. As I;ve read good things about current media center interface. I;m dreaming, but from what I;ve read it might even be my mythical all in one box. (I keep xbmc around for music, video, and pictures because it is so damn good).

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you want to try the Play Too function you have to connect it to your 360 first and have Media Center running on the 360. Then from another pc that has Windows 7 you can use the Play Too the 360. It only seemed to work with media on the pc your doing the Play Too on or from withing Windows media player 12. Couldn't do it from shares.

·
Registered
818 Posts
BSOD in networking driver until I removed antivirus software. Since then running pretty snappy on a 3Gig Pentium D machine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
running it with 1 gig of memory no problem

i'm going from xp, the extra eye candy and new features don't impress me much, in fact many of the new features i've had for years already in XP from downloading different software such as Firefox and exif viewer but now they are built into windows 7

i do find myself using it though, kinda fun to use, dunno how long my curiousity will last though. My wireless card didn't work (the most rated wireless card from newegg) so i had to find a cd with drivers for it and my creative sound blaster x-fi audio card didn't work either yet but i got it working using vista compatability mode.

trying to get my dual crt's to work on it now. Also, when i get a dialog box the box has artifacts and is unreadable, so it was hard to install and if i get any messages from the system i can't read them and just try to find where to click "ok" or "next" and guess at what they want me to input.

·
Banned
14 Posts
I've read and heard plenty of things about windows 7, generally good things, it's supposed to be better than previous versions even though it's in beta

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wasn't impressed. Yea it's faster, yea it's more stable to me now, but still reminds me of Vista. As you can tell I am not a fan of Vista or any Microsoft product since Windows xp. Love xp good little OS. Still use it till this day in conjuction with Mac OS X.. yes I said it :) Also I will give it credit we are talking beta here, so hopefully they will tweak lots more. I'll wait till its retail, and listen to the reviews and give it a whirl. I consider myself open to anything that makes the computer world easier, and at the moment I love my Mac.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts