AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Sony oval dish with the multiswitch for 4 receivers. I use 2 receivers. The cable for my Zenith 1080 is about 70 or 80 feet long. The best signal I can get is 62. I also replaced all my old cable with Belden 1694A. (made a big difference). The only line amplifier I've seen (Phillips) seems to be for one lnb and for a round dish. Is there an anplifier I can use to boost my signal a little more? The 62 signal is only for Sat B, Sat a is 88. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
957 Posts
You might get a higher signal by tweaking your dish a bit. With the cable runs you are describing (under 100 feet) I doubt you would benefit from a line amplifier. 62 is not that bad for your location. The current 119 sat is running on reduced power. DirecTV will be replacing it July with DirecTV 5 which is in testing now. When that happens I bet all of our signal strengths go up for that location.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Line amps are only for boosting the signal lost in long runs (100+ feet) of cable from the antenna. Will not do anything for basic signal strength. tunning or larger dish is only way to boost signal to receiver.

Pat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.