AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my Studio Experience 1HD projector and I'm finding it very slow to detect signals. For example if I set my Denon 1600 DVD player to send out an interlaced signal the projector usually finds this very quickly. Now if I press the progressive button on the front of the player to switch over to progressive scan the screen goes blue and flickers for a long time before it finally resync's to the new signal. I thought it might have had something to do with my Rotel 1098 pre amp that the signals all pass though (it upconverts everything to component) but I tried connecting my notebook last night after watching a movie and it wouldn't detect the signal from the VGA input until I rebooted the PC. I don't think this is normal but what are other peoples findings?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
It is normal. Mine is slow to sync going from vga to component and vice versa also. Occasionally it hangs and I have to go into the menu and manually resync it. On two occasions I had to restart the source. Not really an issue for me and nothing to get in a twist about. Just a minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have the same issue on my 1HD. Not a big deal. I use S-video most of the time anyway from my DirecTiVo, and the DVD outputs both. The amp switches the Svideo, so the only time I switch the projector to component video is to watch DVD's myself. (my wife doesn't care about the difference)

The reason I manually switch is, if you turn on the DVD player, the Component signal takes priorioty and you have a hard time getting back unless you turn off the DVD player. The buttons are right there on the remote, you don't even have to dig through any menus.

I just punch the button and ignore the auto switch feature. I also find for some reason that the projector will sync up better if you switch over, then turn on the DVD player. If it's already powered up, the switch over is slower to sync.

-Jason W

·
Registered
247 Posts
Andrew, is there any chance that a video input source is still "hot" when you try to switch inputs? (like a component video input from a cable box) or is it a sync problem on the same input?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.