AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have a Barco 808. Last night while watching a movie, I noticed the signal being projected on the screen got distorted for like 2 seconds then it went back to normal. It happened like 3 times. The closest possible image animation that I found is this

Could it be the power source is bad? Could it be the negative signal inverter I made is starting to go bad? I think it's like 3 yrs old.

Do you have any ideas what it is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
We're gonna need some information.. signal source? Signal path? Without the input connected, is the internal test pattern OK?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Curt,

Didn't get a chance to look at my post since I was so busy today at work. I'm free now, 1am :D

Signal source is bluray 1080p and is connected to the HDFury version 1. The output of HDFury goes to the signal inverter I built using 7404 chip. I never saw this issue happening before. Last night I watched a movie, I think it happened once only for a split second only.

I will try testing with test pattern tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks!

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
My guess is that it's a source issue rather than a projector issue. My guess is a bad power supply either on the Fury or the inverter.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I watched a movie last night. It only happened once and it was very quick, less than second. I still turned off my bluray player then showed text on my projector. I was not able to reproduce it.

Oh, I read left shift the other day about HDFury version 1. Is that the reason why the left part of the image I'm projecting is hidden?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts