AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night and today I have been getting a very broken signal on Sat C. Signal strength surges from 0 to 80 every few seconds. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me. Equipment: Sony HD100 - Oval Dish w/ three (single) LNB's.

Curious - my problem or theirs??

·
Super Moderator
18,628 Posts
Probably yours. Start checking connections and looking for obstructions (such as trees that may not be a problem until it gets windy). Also please add your location to your profile. So many things are geographically related, we can help better if we know where you are.

Doc

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am having the same SAT C problem using a DTC 100. I get good performance from all 3 sats on my F38310 set (

However, my run from the dish to the DTC is 150 - 200 feet (50 ft connected to 150 ft)...could the extra long run be the reason for the poor / intermittent signal strength?

·
Super Moderator
18,628 Posts
It's possible. You could try an inline amp at about halfway, but I wouldn't do that until you're certain your dish is aligned properly. Being in Memphis, I'd expect you to get nearly a full-scale sat C signal on your other set. Maximize the signal there before you do anything else. And, as always, check all connections, first. DTC-100s do seem to have a tougher time with Sat C than other STBs.

Doc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.