Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys-

I've been doing some wiring, and connected the master bathroom to the master bedroom, running lines from a TV in the bath to the A/V cabinet in the bedroom. Everything works great now, except one thing. The sound output from my receiver is VERY quiet by the time it gets to the bath TV. I have to turn the volume up to the max just to hear it at a normal level, much less loud.

Basically, I'm trying to pass a stereo line level output from the receiver through the walls and ceiling to the TV. About 45-50 feet in total length. What I used was standard "Audio Cable" from Radio Shack, CL-3 rated. I then soldered RCA terminals on the end, using one cord for the left channel and one for the right. Very straightforward, nothing fancy.

It works great, no extra noise or anything, just very, very quiet. Anything I'm doing wrong? Ways I can improve it? I don't know how to pass a line-level audio signal any better.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Sounds like the TV speakers need to be turned off and the volume set to fixed in the TV menu. This will give you full audio (RCA) output of the TV. It's possible your TV may have an output that is at 100% at all times but it's not the connection you have made now.

Dave

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, but actually, the A/V source is at the receiver in the bedroom. I probably should have been more clear--I'm sending audio and video signals FROM the receiver in the bedroom TO the bathroom TV. The bathroom TV outputs all audio and video fine.

The audio is puts out from a television signal it generates itself is fine, audio at normal volume levels. The audio and video also come out fine from the inputs wired to the receiver in the bedroom, but the problem is the colume is very, very low.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AHA!

Figured out my own problem. Turns out the zone outputs from the Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver are actually variable volume, controlled by the Yamaha second remote. Once I turned up the output volume, everything's back to being okee-dokee.

Figured somebody could learn from this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.