1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
18,726 Posts
First, we need your location and TV Fool info as stated in the instructions at the top of this section.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem2000  /t/1524716/signal-reduced-when-antenna-booster-turned-on#post_24541445

I appears that the booster is causing the signal to weaken down to nothing. What could be causing this to happen? 

This sounds like the amplified signals are overloading your tuner. A TVFool chart would help clarify this, as already noted. It would also help if you tell us which channels are being adversely affected by the booster.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Do all the channels losing signal strength when you turn on the amplifier? The amps that come with those antennas is pretty low quality, my guess is that it's starting to give up the ghost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

No. Only that channel. Also, the box (amplifier) is brand new. I had the seller ship me a replacement to see if that was the issue. What does "it's starting to give up the ghost" refer too? 

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem2000  /t/1524716/signal-reduced-when-antenna-booster-turned-on#post_24552705

No. Only that channel. Also, the box (amplifier) is brand new. I had the seller ship me a replacement to see if that was the issue. What does "it's starting to give up the ghost" refer too? 

Maybe an EE term us engineers use, but basically means it's going bad. Although since you got a new box, that probably isn't the case. I beleive these boxes have a rotary dial on the side to attenuate the amplification...does adjusting that dial help?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
The indoors box is the power supply for the amplifier that is integrated into the antenna and also serves as the rotor controller. It is NOT the amplifier.

Most likely, the cheap Chinese amplifier in that POS is overloading. You're less than 10 miles from some of your stations and have no business using an antenna with a pre-amplifier. You' also got a ton of FM signals within 20 miles and they tend to interfere with VHF reception far more than UHF. The other possibility is that there is a some new electrical or electronic device near your antenna that is emitting interference into channel 7's band.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts